"Breaking Stereotypes - Building Tolerance"
NGO “Culture. Tolerance. Friendship.” (KID) –
Aims and objectives
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to combating racism and fostering tolerance of young people in
The main objectives are as follows:
- to make research on existing stereotypes and prejudices of young people and to recognize reasons and essence of racist attitude, to reveal racist stereotypes of young people, to understand better it sources and roots;
- to examine and analyse situation in partner countries with anti-discrimination policy, anti-racist education at schools, state level programmes, anti-racist projects by NGOs;
- to collect and exchange experience and good practise of combating racism, breaking stereotypes and promotion tolerance among young people on state level, in educational institutions and in NGOs;
- to prepare manual with information and good practise on anti-racist education for specialists working with young people;
- to train specialists working with young people in anti-racist education and intercultural learning;
- to organize educational activities for young people in order to promote diversity, tolerance and equality;
- to disseminate outputs of the project
The project is intended to address two main target groups:
1. Young people both majority and minorities in their place of residence, immigrants from third countries between 15-23 years old.
2. Individuals working with young people in a professional capacity (youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, pedagogues, community and social workers, etc.).
Both target groups will represent NGOs, schools, universities, youth clubs and centres, etc.